COCOA FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF OUR COCOA FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
FEGEOSTOM Cocoa is a budding business that is involved in Production, sales and distribution of nutritious, disease-free cocoa beans, processed into cocoa liquor, cocoa butter and cocoa powder targeting consumers throughout Nigeria. We are located at Ogbomosho in Osun State Nigeria.
FEGEOSTOM Cocoa Farm is an existing enterprise fully registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
This is a Limited liability company owned by Mr. Richard and Mr Ajileye.
Mr. Richard is an entrepreneur with over 12 years experience in business management and consultancy while Mr. Ajileye has 15 years experience as an agriculturist.
Our expert use of the internet to intensify awareness about our cocoa business and the products and services we offer is part of the sustainable practices that is obtainable at FEGEOSTOM cocoa farm.
We know how important our employees are to the growth of the organization, we intend to ensure that we create a conducive environment for them to work and also provide welfare packages that are aimed at ensuring that their productivity rate is increased.
Our vision is to be the largest cocoa producer, distributor and cocoa exporter in Nigeria by the year 2023.
- To give our customers the satisfaction of buying the best products and providing excellent customer service to earn their retention and referrals.
OBJECTIVE FOR OUR COCOA FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
- To be able to achieve a net profit of $350,000 in the next 3 years.
- To offer the best attainable service and make available wonderful services at reasonable prices.
- To maintain a positive image and give the satisfaction of our customers the best shot by exceeding their expectations.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
FEOGEOSTOM Cocoa Farming and processing business plan in Nigeria will sell healthy, disease-free and highly nutritious cocoa beans.
Our products includes
- Cocoa Butter: A creamy-colored edible vegetable fat with cocoa flavor and aroma extracted from the beans. It makes up more than 50 percent of the weight of cocoa beans and it’s used for chocolate, ointments, moisturizing creams and soaps, toiletries, and pharmaceutical products.
- Cocoa Liquor: This is used with other ingredients to produce chocolate. The chocolate can be used as a product on its own or combined with other ingredients to form confectionery products
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is used as an ingredient for foodstuff such as chocolate flavored drinks, chocolate flavored desserts, etc.
Finally, husks of the cocoa pods and the pulp, or sweating, surrounding the beans are used for the following;
- For feeding animals
- For producing soft drinks and alcohol.
- Fertilizer for cocoa, vegetable and food crops. e.t.c.
OPERATIONS OF OUR FARM AND PROCESSING BUSINESS
Cocoa processing starts with harvesting cocoa in a forest. Cocoa comes from tropical evergreen Cocoa trees, such as Theobroma Cacao, which grow in the wet lowland tropics of Central and South America, West Africa and Southeast Asia (within 20 C of the equator. Cocoa needs to be harvested manually in the forest.
The seed pods of cocoa will first be collected; the beans will be selected and placed in piles.
Plucking and opening the Pods
Cocoa beans grow in pods that sprout off of the trunk and branches of cocoa trees. When the pods are ripe, harvesters travel through the cocoa orchards with machetes and hack the pods gently off of the trees.
Fermenting the cocoa seeds
Now the beans undergo the fermentation processing.
They are either placed in large, shallow, heated trays or covered with large banana leaves. If the climate is right, they may be simply heated by the sun.
Workers come along periodically and stir them up so that all of the beans come out equally fermented. During fermentation is when the beans turn brown.
This process may take five or eight days.
After fermentation, the cocoa seeds must be dried before they can be scooped into sacks and shipped to chocolate manufacturers.
Farmers simply spread the fermented seeds on trays and leave them in the sun to dry.
The drying process usually takes about a week and results in seeds that are about half of their original weight.
OPERATIONAL STAFFS AT OUR COCOA FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
- Makes the vision for the organization and ensures that all rules are duly followed.
- Access the direction of the business and remove ineffective policies.
- Ensures that all the administrative functions of the organization are flowing smoothly.
- Ensures that the entire farm employee’s welfare and other important incentives are well taken care of.
- Carry out Orientation for new employees and also train and carry out periodic assessment on the employees.
Marketing and sales team
- Conduct market research to discover new targeted markets.
- Help increase sales by engaging in direct marketing and sales.
- Introduce new marketing strategies to the company to aid business growth.
Customer Service executive
- Takes orders from clients, answers inquiries by passing along accurate information and giving customers feedback to the company.
- Is responsible for all accurate financial records carried out by the business
- Ensures availability of cash for running operations and ensures that proper records are kept
- Carry out end of month reconciliation between the cash book and bank statement.
- Delivers cocoa and cocoa products to various accurate destinations using reliable routes.
- Carry out light repair on delivery vehicle as well as regular maintenance as well
- Keeps an accurate logbook of distances traveled and also obeys all state and traffic laws.
MAIN MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR COCOA PROCESSING
A building in a secured environment needed for housing our cocoa products and all other equipment.
Cocoa bean roasting machine
The cocoa beans roasting machine is with gas, electricity, oil, coal type for heating.
Mainly used for roasting or drying peanuts, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, beans swallow, beans, seeds, beans, almond, cocoa beans and other granular materials.
Cocoa bean peeling machine
This cocoa beans peeler machine is made up of peeling roller, fan and gravity separation.
It has the advantages of simple and compact structure, easy operation, stable performance, safety and reliability.
The main feature is the processing of cocoa beans, broken uniforms, sorting clean, the indicators in line with national standards.
Cocoa grinding machine
This industrial cocoa bean grinding machine is using different shapes of stators and rotors, crushing under high circum gyration, grinding the material through cutting, milling and vigorous frequent shaking.
Benefits of our cocoa products
- Making available many varieties of cocoa products for diverse groups of people.
- Reasonable and pocket friendly prices.
- Excellent customer service.
MARKETING ANALYSIS OF OUR COCOA FARMING AND PROCESSING BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
We will be serving 820 individual customers our cocoa butter which is N 1,200 per Kg in a month N 31, 980,000 and in 12 months its N 383,760,000
We will be serving 760 customers our cocoa powder which is approximately N 1100 per Kg in a month its N 25, 080,000 and its N 300, 960,000 in 12 months
We will serving about 500 individual customers our cocoa liquor at N 600 per jar which is N 9,000,000 in a month and in 12 months its N 108,000,000
We will be serving other cocoa husk at N 250 per kg to 310 customers and it is N 2, 325,000 in a month and in 12 months its N 27, 900,000
We have a team that can help you write your specific business plan, feasibility studies, marketing plans, grants application, market research, business brand story and so on