TOMATO PROCESSING AND PASTE PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA
Do you want to venture into the business of tomato processing and paste production in Nigeria?
Tomatoes are one of the largely grown fruits in the world. It thrives well where there is a moderate rainfall of 500-750mm. It is predominantly cultivated in the United States, Italy, Brazil, India, Thailand, Nigeria and Chad.
In Nigeria, the fruits can be consumed fresh or processed. It is mostly cultivated in Northern Nigeria and the middle belt. The major production areas states include Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Kaduna, Niger, Borno, Kebbi and Sokoto. Tomato is very rich in vitamins, carbohydrates and proteins and it is one of the most widely consumed vegetable crops.
IMPORTANCE OF TOMATO PROCESSING AND PASTE PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA
There is huge production of tomato in Nigeria on yearly basis but more than 50% are lost after harvesting.
Tomato flesh is very soft and delicate and can tear easily during post-harvest handling such as transportation to market.
Tomato, despite its important in Nigerian food industries has no shelf life after ripening. Hence, there is need to process it into a form than can be stored for a longer time.
Even though there are some tomato processing brands in Nigeria today, most of them are actually repackaged imported pastes.
In fact Nigeria imports not less than 65, 5909 tonnes of tomato pastes annually valued at USD 77.167 million
STEPS INVOLVED IN TOMATO PROCESSING AND PASTE PRODUCTION
1. Sorting: Fresh and ripe tomatoes are selected and weighed
2. Washing: The selected tomatoes are washer to remove sands and other forms of filth
3. Blanching: The clean tomatoes are immerse in hot water for about 5 mins and drained
4. Pulping: The branched products are then milled three times to form pulp
5. Sieving: the pulp is sieved to remove seed and the skin
6. Boiling: The sieved pulp is then boiled to reduce he water content to a desirable content (not more than 30%)
7. Preservation: The Tomato paste is then preserved with Sodium Benzoate at 0.03%
8. Filling: The tomato paste is filled into sachets and pasteurized at 900° C
The major raw material for tomato paste Production is raw tomatoe. There is also neeed for packaging materials such as printed Aluminium laminated sachet (70g) and cartons.
Others are factory wears, cleansing agents, disinfectants, etc. it is also important to have utilities such as electricity, diesel and reliable water source.
Fresh tomatoes- sorting and weighing- washing- blanching- pulping- sieving –boiling- preservation- filling- packaging.
There is an ongoing training on how to set up your tomato processing business in Nigeria. Latest innovations are being shared that reveal different capacities of production suitable for different budget size. Click here for more
MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR TOMATO PROCESSING
The machinery and equipment needed for tomato processing and paste production in Nigeria include fruit washer, fruit crusher, pre heating machine, pulping machine, Vacuum concentrator, sterilizer, Sterilizer and aseptic filler, Weighing machine and so on.
LABOUR REQUIREMENT FOR TOMATO PROCESSING AND PASTE PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA
Both skilled and unskilled labours are required for tomato processing and paste production in Nigeria
SPACE REQUIREMENT FOR TOMATO PROCESSING AND PASTE PRODUCTION
One and a half plot of land is adequate for tomato processing and paste production in Nigeria
|Production volume /Annum||1800|
|Input: output ratio||20%|
ESTIMATED PRODUCTION COST FOR TOMATO PROCESSING AND PASTE PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA
|Other financial cost||________|
|TOTAL PRODUCTION COST||________|
The complete tomato processing and paste production in Nigeria business plan contains the:
- Operation and implementation strategies
- Business model Canvas
- SWOT analysis
- Analysis of competition
- Management and so on….
Please call our business plan consultants: +2348031504604, +2347030450130 for the complete business plan and:
- Training on tomato processing and paste production in Nigeria
- Local equipment fabrication/ purchase of imported equipment
- Preparation of Business plan and/or feasibility reports
- Installation and training of machine operators
You will also be supplied with the details of excel, word document and PDF formats of the financial analysis. The financial includes
- Required startup funds
- Three years salaries and wages plan
- Projected sales forecast analysis
- Cash disbursement
- Income statements
- Balance sheet
- Year-end summaries
- Loan amortization
- Break even analysis and so on
We have a team that can help you write your specific business plans, feasibility studies, Marketing plan, grant application, market research, business brand story and so on.
Please call our business plan consultants: +2348031504604, +2347030450130