MUSHROOM FARM BUSINESS PLAN
Mushroom farming has been gaining ground over the years due to an increase in market demand for mushrooms.
One of the best things about this business is you can farm various types of mushrooms to stand out among various competitors.
Nowadays, people have become healthy conscious and eat mushrooms a lot.
The fact that mushrooms grow fast makes mushroom farming a lucrative business to venture into.
Mushrooms are a low-calorie food that packs a nutritional punch.
Loaded with many health-boosting vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, they’ve long been recognized as an important part of any diets.
For instance, mushrooms raised with exposure to ultraviolet light are a good source of Vitamin D, an important component in bone and immune health.
The anti-inflammatory effect of mushrooms has been shown to greatly improve the efficiency of the immune system.
They’re also great sources of: selenium,copper,thiamine,Magnesium, Phosphorus.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF SMART MUSHROOM FARM BUSINESS PLAN
Smart mushroom Farm is a standard mushroom Farm that uses modern equipment and facilities to produce healthy,fresh and disease free mushrooms.
We are located in Ogbomosho in Osun State.
We maintain a high and rigorous industrial standard to produce and deliver mushrooms on commercial scales.
Our aim as a business is not only to make profit but also become a leading company that can compete favorably with other mushroom businesses in Osun State and also in the whole of Nigeria.
To be able to effectively compete against our competitors, ensured that we hire the best professionals in the industry so as to build the perfect business structure.
Due to the fact that mushrooms are edible products, we intend to ensure that our mushrooms are grown in an environment that is conducive and hygienic.
We are also growing the mushrooms organically as we intend to ensure that our mushrooms pack a high dose of nutrition.
One of our strongest factors at Smart mushroom farm apart from producing and selling organic mushrooms is the excellent customer care we provide to our customers which has led to a high retention rate for us and an overall healthy bottom line for our business.
Our proficient uses of the internet to intensify awareness about our business and the products and services we offer are part of the sustainable practices that is obtainable at Smart mushroom farm.
Because we know how important our employees are to the growth of the organization, we ensured that we create a conducive environment for them to work and also provide welfare packages that are aimed at ensuring that their productivity rate is increased.
Smart mushroom Farm is owned by Mr Richard, a renowned agriculturist, a researcher, a business analyst and business consultant.
He has over 8 years experience in this field.
He will also double as the manager of the mushroom farm business.
the following staff members will be hired to help in running the farm.
Manager/Owner,Administrator,2 Marketing Executive, 1 Operations Manager 1 Accountant 4 Cleaners, 5 Mushroom Farming Experts.
The team members is expected to work closely to facilitate a smooth flow of business activities.
The team member will familiarize themselves with how mushroom farm businesses are managed on a daily basis.
Our products and services includes:
- Fresh mushrooms such as common button agaricus, criminis, portabellas, shiitake, oysters, medicinal reishi, lions mane, wood ear, enoki and maitake
- Processed mushrooms (dried, canned, frozen)
- Offer consultancy and advisory services
- Sell eBooks for intending new farmers
- Give training to interested farmers.
- Our vision is to meet people’s needs through growing organic mushrooms that are not only healthy but also nutritious.
- To be in a leading position to make available the best kind of mushrooms in the market thereby making good profits within the period of the first 12 months.
- To offer different types o f dried mushrooms, fresh mushrooms and canned mushrooms at pocket friendly prices.
- To have our products in major stores, shopping malls and big markets all over Nigeria.
- To be a distributor to both wholesale and retailers of mushrooms
- To offer mushroom farming classes to interested farmers
BUSINESS STRUCTURE OF SMART MUSHROOM FARM
Asides the fact that we intend to sell our mushrooms fresh and processed, there are other services that we would be offering as well to boost our earnings and so these services will need competent and experienced hands to ensure that all our operations run smoothly at Smart Mushroom Farms.
Listed below is the business structure we intend to use in building our mushroom business;
- Mushroom Farm Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Administrative Manager
- Sales and Marketing Team
- Store Manager
- Front Desk Officer
- Delivery Driver
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MUSHROOM FARM MANAGER
- Responsible for growing the mushrooms
- Checks the mushrooms daily for defective ones
- Harvests the mushrooms when it is time
- Responsible for purchasing all the raw materials needed by the business
- Sources for reliable distributors for the company.
- Keeps an accurate database of all purchases and vendors.
- Ensures that the business runs smoothly and hitch free.
- Ensures that employees have great welfare packages and better working environments.
- Assigns tasks to employees and ensures that they are carried out accordingly.
SALES AND MARKETING TEAM
- Responsible for drafting marketing strategies and policies that will bring in sales for the company
- Continually research on target markets so as to identify new market opportunities for the company
- Engages in mushroom retailing to customers
- Ensures that the store is kept clean and well ventilated at all times
- Checks level of inventory so as to know when to replenish stock
- Keeps accurate reports of all stocks in the store
FRONT DESK OFFICER
- Is responsible for picking customer calls and taking down order requests or receiving complaints
- Receives customers on behalf of staff and directs them to the appropriate quarters.
- Is responsible for all accurate financial records carried out by the business
- Ensures availability of cash for running operations and ensures that proper records are kept
- Carry out end of month reconciliation between the cash book and bank statement.
- Delivers mushrooms to various accurate destinations using reliable routes.
- Carry out light repair on delivery vehicle as well as regular maintenance as well
- Keeps an accurate logbook of distances traveled and also obeys all state and traffic laws
COMPETITIVE STRATEGIES OF OUR MUSHROOM FARM BUSINESS PLAN
- Understanding of our clients preferences and what they want in order to maximize sales and find out ways of packaging the mushrooms to make it more appealing and enticing.
- Employing a creative and customer-centric approach to handling customers complaints and feedback to maintain a positive image of the company.
- Marketing sector of the farm advertises the mushroom Farm through oral broadcast and looking forward to referrals from Customers.
- We advertise our mushroom Farm on social media platforms and local media channels.
TARGETED CUSTOMERS OF OUR MUSHROOM FARM BUSINESS PLAN
- Local health food stores
- Factory cafeterias
- Farmers markets
- Health spas
- Food coops
- College cafeterias
For the full details of our template or customized business plans which contain standard business plan table of contents such as Executive summary, business description, industry overview/trends, products and services, marketing analysis, sales and marketing strategy, organizational/ management structure ,SWOT and PEST analysis,financial plan. We also organize training, prepare business model canvas,Grants application assistance and feasibility reports:
Please call us on: +234 814 716 1686. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org