COSMETOLOGY BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Cosmetology is a growing industry with plenty of long-term career options.
Since 2016, over 800,000 cosmetology graduates have started a new career in beauty, and the number is set to continue rising.
Cosmetology isn’t just a job or a career it is a way of life, cosmetology is rewarding and a secure source of living, it can be categorized into six compartments which are: manicure and pedicure, hair-styling, barbing, esthetics, make up artistry and Electrology.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF ACA COSMETOLOGY BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
There is a need for a full service beauty House dedicated to constantly providing high quality customer care by rendering excellent services, quality products and creating an enjoyable environment at pocket friendly prices; this is what brings about our idea of a beauty House
ACA Beauty House is a business idea developed by two goal oriented personnel, the person of Mr Richard and Miss Sharon.
Mr Richard is an enthusiastic entrepreneur who has a hardworking personality, he was trained by Dan associate business consulting firm in Kogi state Nigeria.
He is a creative and innovative mentor and consultant.
Miss Sharon is a graduate of maxwell cosmetology school, she is a licensed cosmetologist and she has 10 years experience practicing.
Their collective effort and the artistic flair of the management will bring about positive change in the cosmetic industry.
We are located in the heart of Akure the capital of Ondo state at No 55 Toymax complex oja Oba road.
We in ACA beauty House are open to the use of the latest technology in the cosmetology business world.
No doubt our excellent customer service and the range of additional complementary services we offer will position us to become the best beauty House in Nigeria in 4 years to come.
At ACA beauty House, we are passionate in the pursuit of excellence and financial success with uncompromising services and integrity.
We are in the industry to make a positive mark.
We have 3 similar businesses in our location, each are about 150 metres apart, more than 90,000 people, commute this area daily, some trekking, some in public and private vehicles.
This area is close to major residential estate in the city and has more than 4000 homes.
Our marketing and strategic positioning would ensure that we can reach a 10% of this market on a monthly basis.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- ACA beauty House mission is to provide reasonably priced and convenient hair styling, cutting, manicure and pedicure. We exist to attract and maintain customers. When we adhere to this maxim, everything else will fall into place. We will serve our customers in ways that exceed their expectations.
- To treat people’s skin, evaluating skin condition and applying treatments after discussing alternatives.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
- To be the number one beauty House in the southwest region of Nigeria and to have a footstool in Nigeria as a whole.
- To create a broad range of jobs and careers for the environment.
- To provide clients with information about styles and colors that are best for them based on their hair texture, condition, colour and also their complexion.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF ACA BEAUTY HOUSE
- Helping people to feel better about their self esteem and self-worth
- To build our reputation by coming up with innovative ideas for everyone else to follow and also making interesting variations on current trends.
- To care for our clients and help boost their self perception.
Some of the things we do in our company:
- Tasks our hair stylist does includes;
- Washing, shampooing, drying, cutting hair
- Shaping, cutting, texturing, styling, straightening, or curling hair
- Coloring, tinting, lightening hair
- Chemically changing hair texture, perms, relaxing hair
- Braiding hair
- Installing hair extensions or weaves
- Barbering has traditionally focused on male customers duties a barber performs are;
- Cutting, trimming, shampooing, and styling hair
- Shaving facial hair
- Fitting hairpieces
- Coloring, or perming hair
- Performing facial treatments
ACA beauty House esthetician focuses on the field of skincare. Here are some of the common treatments a skin care our specialist will perform:
- Skin conditioning and wrinkle reduction
- Waxing, tweezing, eyebrow threading and hair removal
- Anti-aging treatments
Manicures & Pedicures
- Nail artistry, nail jewelry
- Gel nails, silk nails, and acrylic nails
- Our makeup artists work with professional photography studios, cinema, special effects, fashion shows, weddings, or special events. Our specialized cosmetologists know how different cosmetics interact with skin, and how to achieve certain looks and effects using makeup.
- ACA beauty House electrologist uses special equipment to facilitate permanent hair removal. Electricity is applied to damaged hair follicles, so hair doesn’t grow back. This field usually requires additional certification, due to the nature of the procedure.
COMPETITIVE STRATEGIES OF A COSMETOLOGY BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
- There are many beauty houses like ours, but they render services at exorbitant prices in our areas. We wish to create a middle ground for clients who needed our services at subsidized prices, we will sell quality hair, nails and skin services along with top lines of beauty products at reasonable prices, and this will set ACA beauty House apart from other competitors.
- Our ability to interact well with people of different social strata, our pleasant and friendly behavior even when under pressure, good ambiance and our convenient location is our number one competitive strategy this makes its’ very easy for our customers to reach us at will. This gives room for easy customer retention and it also bring more customers to our beauty House.
- Willingness to adapt to new trends, use of highly improved Equipments and our creativity with cutting, styling for hair, skin and nail treatments and our advance make up techniques is also part of our strategies.
ORGANIZATIONS AND OPERATION OF A COSMETOLOGY BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
Beauty House Manager/Owner
- Overseeing daily salon operations
- Hiring and training beauticians, as needed
- Organizing employees’ shifts, considering peak times and seasonality
- Order beauty products, like creams and essential oils and replenish stock
- Arrange for regular maintenance services for all equipment
- Apply hygiene practices across all beauty stations
- Ensure all beauty treatments meet high quality standards
- Ensure all beauty treatments meet high quality standards
- Maintain staff records, including salaries and working schedules
- Receive payments from clients and track all transactions
- Keep updated records of costs and revenues (e.g. daily, monthly and quarterly)
Customer care services/marketing
- Run online competitions and offer discount packages to attract new customers
- Receives customer feedback and bring it to the notice of the supervisor
- Promotes services, products and makes discounts available through the company websites and also on their social media platforms.
MAIN MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT FOR A COSMETOLOGY BUSINESS PLAN IN NIGERIA
- Crimping machine
- Foot massager
- Fire extinguisher suitable for class A,B and C fires
- Generator set(at least 3 KVA)
- Mannequin head
- Electric appliances and heat tools
- Make up box and make up tools
- Scissors and shears
- Protective gloves,towels, aprons,capes and clothing
- Treatments and conditioners
- Manicure and pedicure sets
- Set of artificial nails,razors,pins and pegs
- Perm and dyeing accessories
ACA BEAUTY HOUSE TARGET MARKET:
- We will be targeting Male and Female clients who are fashion conscious and have stable income. Our clients will mostly be women but we will include men that fit the criteria stated above.
RISK ANALYSIS AND MITIGATION IN A COSMETOLOGY BUSINESS PLAN
- Overexposure to a range of eyes, shampoos and other hair products that contain dangerous chemicals
- Poor working practices that leadsto health issues like skin irritation,eye infections and allergies
- It is a physically demanding role that involves standing for a long time and flexibility.
- Insufficient funds to expand business domain
- Facilities and equipments
- Use of protective gloves,apron and other clothes that shades from exposure of the skin to Products with dangerous chemicals.
- We hire strong and able bodies male and females to carry out our jobs
- Provisions are made to source for sponsors
- Provisions are made for Equipment insurance.
For the full details of this business plan,business model,canvas,marketing plan and financial:
please call our business plan consultant: 2348031504604,2348138934963, info @apprenticeship.ng
We have a team that can help you write your specific business plan,feasibility studies,marketing plans,grants application,market research,business brand story and so on